NDRRMC Issues Resolution on Boracay Island State of Calamity
- Hits: 15514
26 April 2018 – The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council has released a copy of NDRRMC Resolution No. 01, s. 2018 recommending the declaration of a State of Calamity in Boracay Island (Barangays Balabag, Manon-Manoc, and Yapak), Municipality of Malay, Province of Aklan, and the implementation of a temporary closure thereof as a tourist destination for purposes of rehabilitation.
NDRRMC Convenes For Boracay Island State of Calamity
- Hits: 1285
23 April 2018 – National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) Members met today to discuss the proposed declaration of State of Calamity in Barangays Balabag, Manoc-Manoc, and Yapak (Boracay Island), Municipality of Malay, Province of Aklan, and the implementation of a temporary closure of Boracay Island at the Department of National Defense, Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City.
TFBM Denies Non-Consultation in Marawi Rehabilitation
- Hits: 1832
Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM), in partnership with the Marawi City Government, is in the process of implementing the Kambisita, a project that enables the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) from the Most Affected Area (MAA) to visit their homes and check their properties. This shall be implemented per assigned sector beginning 01 April and to last until 10 May 2018. Visiting residents will be accompanied by military and medical teams to ensure their security and safety. (see attached information sheet)
3RD RESILIENCE MOBILE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
- Hits: 8416
1. INTRODUCTION: Executive Order No. 29 dated 28 June 2017, renamed the National Disaster Consciousness Month to National Disaster Resilience Month (NDRM), shifting its focus from disaster awareness building to disaster resilience. NDRM is observed throughout the country for the whole month of July of every year, through the conduct of activities relative to building resilience.
2. THEME: RESILIENCE refers to Filipinos’ ability to adapt to and recover from hazards and emergencies. This includes various programs, activities and projects that deals with disaster prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, rehabilitation and recovery.
3. DURATION:Office of Civil Defense will accept entries from 02 April to 30 June 2018.
4. PARTICIPANTS: The contest is OPEN to all Filipino students age 16 to 22 years as of 01 January 2018, and enrolled in Senior High School, College (Baccalaureate) or Vocational course during the duration of the contest period – EXCEPT siblings, children or grandchildren of Office of Civil Defense officials and employees. Contest period refers to 01 January to 31 July 2018.
5.SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of ONE entry only.
- Participants must register online at the official website of Office of Civil Defense (gov.ph) and fill out the online registration form. OCD will only accept entries submitted online and with complete details.
- OCD’s online registration automatically limits the submission of entry per participant to ONE. Therefore, participants must make sure that they will only submit their final entry when registering and submitting. Moreover, a participant is not allowed to use multiple email addresses in sending their entries. Violators will be disqualified from the competition.
- OCD assumes no responsibility for any transmission delay or internet connection problem during the submission of entries.
- The entry to be submitted should be an image/photo with a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption”. The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
- Deadline for online submission of entries is on 30 June 2018 at 5:00 P.M. The submission portal will automatically close and reject any entries that will be submitted after the deadline.
- Proof of enrolment – school ID and enrolment forms – may be required from participants whose entries made it to the shortlist.
- The contest participant is responsible for securing – prior to submission of the entry ‐ a formal consent from concerned parties if the image contains any material or element that is not the participant’s property, or if any person appears in the photo (i.e. subjects of the photo). OCD should not ‐ in any way ‐ be held responsible for the contest participant’s inability to secure the necessary permission or consent for their submitted entries.
6. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Photographs should be:
- Created and taken by the contest participant.
- Created and taken using a mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- In full color.
- In LANDSCAPE orientation.
- In mobile digital format.
- Taken using the best settings of the mobile device.
- Taken from 01 January 2018 to 30 June 2018.
- Photographs should NOT:
- Contain watermarks or any identifying mark.
- Violate person’s rights, including, but not limited to copyrights and privacy.
- Previously submitted or won in any photography contest.
- Contain images of elected government officials.
- Edited or enhanced.
- Photographs should be submitted in the raw image format of the mobile device used and should reflect the file metadata or properties. OCD reserves the right to reject entries taken using non-mobile devices.
7. SCREENING OF ENTRIES:
- Criteria for Judging are as follows:
- Adherence to the Theme 25%
- Composition 25%
- Photographic Quality 25%
- Visual Impact 25%
- Preliminary Screening:
- All entries will be checked for compliance to contest mechanics. The OCD has the right to verify the validity and originality of any submitted entry and/or details about the contest participant. OCD has the right to disqualify any contest participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with the contest rules.
- Entries will be reviewed by the members of OCD Screening Committee composed of agency officers.
- The Screening Committee reserves the right to invite professional photographers or visual artists as advisers during the screening.
- The Screening Committee will determine the fifty (50) entries that will be included in the Preliminary Adjudication.
- Preliminary Adjudication:
- All entries that passed the initial screening will be reviewed by the NDRRMC Technical Working Group on Information, Education and Communications, which will serve as the contest’s Adjudication Committee.
- The Adjudication Committee reserves the right to invite professional photographers or visual artists as advisers during the adjudication.
- The Adjudication Committee will determine the twelve (12) entries that will be included in the Final Adjudication.
- Final Adjudication:
- The final twelve (12) entries shall be featured in an exhibit wherein select guests shall judge and determine the final set of winners.
- The final twelve (12) entries shall also be featured in an online popularity contest to determine the Most Popular Photo Award.
- Cash prizes are subject to government taxes and follows accounting and auditing rules. Cash prizes (after tax deductions) are as follows:
Php 48,000.00 plus plaque
Php 40,000.00 plus plaque
Php 32,000.00 plus plaque
Most Popular Photo:
Php 32,000.00 plus plaque
Nine Consolation Prizes:
Php 16,000.00 each plus certificate
9. OTHER PROVISIONS:
- The OCD shall have exclusive rights to the use of the final twelve (12) photos in its communication materials including but not limited to OCD
- 2018 Calendars and Planners. This exclusivity clause covers a period of two years from 01 August 2018 to 31 July 2020.
- The owners of the final twelve (12) photos cannot resell or make use of his/her photo for commercial and other purposes except for his/her portfolio.
- Participants agrees that their personal information may be released to the public for purposes of announcing the contest finalists and winners.
- By submitting their entries, all contest participants agree to release and discharge OCD and its officials and employees from any claims, losses or damages arising from their participation.
- By joining this competition, the participants agrees with the mechanics of this contest and all the provisions provided.
--- NOTHING FOLLOWS ---