NATIONAL DISASTER RESILIENCE MONTH 2018 THEME-WRITING CONTEST
- Hits: 17590
INTRODUCTION: Executive Order No. 29 dated 28 June 2017, renamed the National Disaster Consciousness Month to National Disaster Resilience Month (NDRM), shifting its focus from disaster awareness building to disaster resilience. NDRM is observed throughout the country for the whole month of July of every year, through the conduct of activities relative to building resilience.
DURATION: Office of Civil Defense (OCD) will accept entries from March 19 to April 30, 2018.
PARTICIPANTS: The contest is OPEN to all Filipino government employees holding PERMAMENT and CASUAL positions except officers and staff of OCD Public Affairs Office and members of the Screening Committee. Proof of employment in government may be required from participants whose entries made it to the shortlist.
- The Theme must be in Filipino, not less than five words, and must not exceed fifteen words.
- All entries must be related to disaster resilience and must emphasize a nationwide approach.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
- Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of ONE entry only.
- Participants must register online at the official website of Office of Civil Defense (gov.ph) and fill out the online registration form.
- OCD will only accept entries submitted online.
- OCD’s online registration automatically limits the submission of entries per participant to one. Therefore, participants must make sure that they will only submit their final entry when registering and submitting. Moreover, a participant is not allowed to use multiple email addresses in sending their entries. Violators will be disqualified from the competition.
- OCD assumes no responsibility for any transmission delay or internet connection problem during the submission of entries.
DEADLINE: Submission of entries is until 30 April 2018, 5:00 PM. The submission portal will automatically close and reject any entries that will be submitted after the deadline.
SCREENING: All entries will be reviewed by the members of the Screening Committee composed of the following officers of the Office of Civil Defense. The Screening Committee will determine the twenty (20) entries that will be included in the final adjudication. Members of the Committee shall not be made aware of the names of the participants.
FINAL JUDGING: The twenty (20) entries shall be judged by a Board of Adjudicators composed of Members of NDRRMC Technical Working Group on Information, Education and Communications. Judges shall not be made aware of the names of the participants. Each submission will be given a corresponding number prior to presentation.
CRITERIA: Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the theme - 45%
- Originality - 25%
- Structure - 15%
- Style - 15%
- Cash prizes are subject to government taxes and follows accounting and auditing rules. Cash prizes (after tax deductions) are as follows:
- 1st Place - PHP 32,000.00
- 2nd Place - PHP 24,000.00
- 3rd Place - PHP 20,000.00
- Runner-ups (2) - PHP 16,000.00 each
- Consolation Prizes (5) - PHP 10,000.00 each
- Winners will be notified by email. Winners shall provide details of personal saving bank accounts for the payment of cash prizes through List of Due and Demandable Accounts Payable (LDDAP) System.
- In case of identical winning entries, the cash prize shall be divided among the winners.
- Organizers reserve the right to edit or combine entries to achieve its objectives.
- Participants agrees that their personal information may be released to the public for purposes of announcing the contest finalists and winners.
- By submitting their entries, all contest participants agree to release, and discharge OCD and its officials and employees from any claims, losses or damages arising from their participation.
- By submitting their entries, the participants agrees with the mechanics of this contest and all the provisions provided.
--- NOTHING FOLLOWS ---
OCD I Empowers Women on Disaster Risk Reduction
- Hits: 2034
OCD I Regional Director Melchito Castro emphasizes in his welcome remarks the importance of women to create awareness on Disaster Risk Reduction to their communities. (Mike Aldrin T Sabado)
PHL OFFICIALS, UN OCHA HEAD VOW TO STRENGTHEN COLLABORATION IN HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE
- Hits: 2468
(From left) Ambassador Evan P. Garcia, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the UN and other International Organizations in Geneva, Assistant Secretary-General Ursula Mueller of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA), and Assistant Secretary Kristoffer James Purisima Deputy Administrator of the Office of Civil Defense (OCD).
Members of the Philippine Delegation with ASG Mueller of UN OCHA. (From left) Mr. Sonny Patron of the Office of Civil Defense (OCD); Colonel Frederick Cutler of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP); Ambassador Evan P. Garcia, Permanent Representative of the Philippines to the UN and other International Organizations in Geneva; ASG Mueller; Assistant Secretary Kristoffer James Purisima, OCD Deputy Administrator; Mr.Thierry Delbrevue, OCHA-Geneva; Ms. Sharon Johnnette Agduma, Third Secretary of the Philippine Mission to the UN and other IOs in Geneva; and, Ms. Marean Abarra of the Philippine Mission to the UN and other IOs in Geneva.
12 February 2018, Geneva, Switzerland – Philippine Government officials and Assistant Secretary-General Ursula Mueller of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA) vowed to strengthen collaboration in humanitarian preparedness and response.
PHL ANNOUNCES HOSTING OF INSARAG ASIA-PACIFIC EARTHQUAKE REGIONAL EXERCISE IN JUNE
- Hits: 2580
Assistant Secretary Kristoffer James Purisima, Deputy Administrator of the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) announces the hosting of the Philippines of the INSARAG exercise in June at the INSARAG Steering Group Meeting on 08 February 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
12 February 2018, Geneva, Switzerland – The Philippines announced at the global dialogue of humanitarian actors on Thursday, 08 February, that it will host an earthquake regional exercise this June in the country, bringing together international partners and local authorities and communities dealing with humanitarian response in a simulation exercise that will lead the way for the accreditation of the Philippines in the INSARAG External Classification (IEC).